Estrella Gonzalez CEO
Our founder, Estrella A. Gonzalez, is a dedicated and patient-focused registered nurse (RN) with more than eighteen years of hands-on, clinical, and management experience. Estrella has dedicated her career and life to the care of others.
Born and raised in her native Cuba, she came to the United States in 2000 in search of a prosperous future. In 2003, she began her nursing career by completing the Nursing Assistant Certification program at Leary Technical Center in Tampa. For several years she worked in a long-term care facility and hospital setting while furthering her nursing education. Estrella has taken all her years of experience and knowledge in the health care industry to create a comprehensive, patient focused, multicultural facility that is Dacona Medical Center.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Patient Care Technician in the Medical- Surgical unit at St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Practical Nurse license and Associate of Science in Nursing from the Medical Prep Institute of Tampa Bay
- Bachelor of Science from South University in Tampa
- Case Manager then Director of Nursing for Home Health Care
- Nursing Assistant Instructor and Chief Executive Officer at Medical Prep Academy, LLC
- Core Training Program
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- the Florida Nurses Association (FNA)
- Organization for Wound Care Nurses
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)