Pediatrics Physical Therapy In Tampa
Our physical therapy program can benefit children with conditions including:
- Brain trauma and injuries
- Cerebral palsy — a disorder affecting a child's muscle tone, movement, or posture
- Developmental delays
- General orthopedic — injuries to the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles
- Genetic syndromes — Down syndrome (which can cause developmental and intellectual delays) and muscular dystrophy (which can impact muscle mass and strength)
- Gross motor skills — deficits including muscle strength, coordination, and balance
- Hypertonia or hypotonia — abnormally high or weak muscle tone, respectively
- Post-concussion symptoms — headaches, dizziness, and ringing in the ears
- Post-fracture care
- Spina bifida — a birth defect affecting the spinal cord
- Sports-related pain or poor posture
- Sprains and strains
- Torticollis — a condition causing the head to twist to one side
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! You have a choice. We are committed to partnering with you throughout your healing journey & want to make sure we help you achieve the best outcome and get you back to life. Let us help you recover from chronic pain, injury, or surgery. We are dedicated to listening to your goals, communicating how your care is going, and make sure we help you achieve the best outcome and get you back to life.
Your initial appointment will take approximately one hour and will include a detailed initial evaluation and treatment plan by one of our trained and licensed physical therapists. They will review your medical history, home/work environment, activity level, and discuss any recent injuries/accidents or things that you believe might be linked to your condition. You can expect them to ask specific questions about your condition in order for them to determine whether you are likely to benefit from physical therapy and choose treatments that will help you the most.
We ask that you arrived approximately fifteen minutes before your initial appointment to help complete any pending paperwork.
Please bring your photo identification, a list of any medications and dosages you're currently taking, and your insurance card (if applicable).
To ensure comfort, you should wear loose-fitting clothing. Comfortable clothes that allow plenty of room for movement are ideal for your first—and any subsequent—appointments. As for footwear, good supportive shoes like athletic sneakers are ideal. We ask that you remove any jewelry beforehand as they could cause scratches or injury.
The frequency and duration of treatment depends entirely on your condition or injury. Our customized programs help patients to enjoy a pleasant rehabilitation experience and help them recover quickly.